We are maintaining recommendations for health care practices from the American Optometric Association, Pennsylvania Optometric Association, Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Proper measures are in place to serve our patients and we have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our patients, families, and staff members.
Office & Clinic Protocols
– Patient screenings will continue to be implemented. We will ask you to complete a COVID-19 wellness form before your appointment. This will be sent via text or email and must be completed before coming to the office.
If you or anyone that you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19; or if you are showing signs or symptoms of the flu or the virus (which include fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, headache, body aches etc.), please call the office and reschedule your appointment to a later date.
– We have spaced out appointments to ensure the minimal volume of patients in our waiting area.
– We have safety protocols for all staff members.
– We disinfect all equipment and patient contact surfaces after every use and again at the end of the day.
– We appreciate your patience and understanding with scheduling, distancing and cleaning procedures.
Guidelines For Our Patients
– We require face covering for your appointment. This includes the patient and guardian. Types of face coverings: disposable medical, 3 layer cloth, KN-95 or N95 masks only. Bandanas, gaiters and one way valve masks are not acceptable. We are happy to give you a mask should you need one.
– We suggest only having one guardian accompany the child/patient to the office. If the patient is 12 years old and older, he/she may visit without a parent/guardian. The checkup can be discussed over a call or text.
– Curbside Waiting Room: Please notify us via text upon arrival. We recommend staying in your parked car until we are ready to see you.
– Please observe social distancing. Keep 6 feet apart from others and staff whenever possible.
– We will ask that you wash your hands with soap upon arrival for your visit.
– We also ask our patients to put their Ortho K lenses in flat cases instead of their cleaning (Clear Care) cases.
We thank you for patience and understanding.